Based on my own experiences, I would suggest the following:
- Find at least one (and preferably several) places outside of your home country to escape to. Strongly consider buying property there.
- Consider a second citizenship program; at a minimum, set up residency in another country.
- Store physical and paper assets outside of your home country, and outside of the electronic banking system.
- Demand privacy.
- Keep some investment capital at the ready so that you can jump on phenomenal deals as they arise
- Look for opportunities for additional income that are not constrained by your geography
expat advice - http://iPerpetualTraveler.com